HANDWASHING

With your family, watch these three clips about handwashing. In your comment, tell us which is your favourite clip and why. Also tell us which clip gives over the message best.
CLIP 1

CLIP 2

CLIP 3

38 thoughts on “HANDWASHING

1. Clip2 was my favourite. It was cool when one germ got squirted by soap. I think clip one gets the point across the best because the spy explained correct hand washing technique.

• Thanks for your ideas, Jasmine. I can tell you watched the clips very carefully. I loved the crazy germ characters in Clip 2 as well. You have given me an idea of an activity to do in class – about handwashing!
      Thank you for being the first person to comment on our class blog this week. Superstar thinker!
      Cheers
      Ms Lockyer

• Yes I loved Clip Three also, Emily. I like your tip about washing Ng hands before eating food. I wonder how we can improve this at school. Let me know if you have any ideas.
      Cheers
      Ms Lockyer

2. I liked clip number 2 because it showed me what the germs get up to if I don’t wash them away. I think the germs will be very sneaky and will be everywhere which will make me sick if I don’t wash my hands every time I should. I will remember this – Tom

• Yes Tom, I thought Clip 2 was pretty crazy. I still have a picture of those sneaky germs in my head! I am wondering if there are some germs that are worse than others. What do you think?
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

3. I liked the second one because I wanted to watch it all over again. It still told us that we had to wash our hands but it had a song and kept me in interest. The little germs were funny.

4. My favourite one is clip1 because it tells you how to wash your hands. I think clip 2 is the best because it was funny and it told you when, why and how to wash your hands.
    Love makayla

• Yes, Makayla. The when-why-how is the important information. Do you have any ideas about how we can remind one another to wash hands before our meals and snacks at school?
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

5. Clip 2 was my favourite because the germs got squirted in the face with the soap. Clip 1 told the story the best because it used Agent Hand to tell kids how to wash their hands.

• Yes Evan, you are right. The idea of a ‘secret agent’ was good. I wonder if I could use that idea in my Goggles and Spike movies? Let me know if you have an idea about that.
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

6. I liked clip 2 Germ Smart because it was funny and I liked Bac and Rus the germs. When the germs got killed at the end and died that was good.

7. My favourite video was number 2 because the mum told the kids to use soap always. I think the video that got the message across the best was number one because the hand told the kids “If you wash your hands always you can join my club and you can help me make people better by killing the germs.”

• Yes Kanin, I agree. The ‘club’ idea was a good one. What did you think of our experiment on Friday, when Marcus and Emily got their hands really dirty?
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

8. My favorite clip was number 2. I liked the part where the germs fired out the cannon ball. I also liked the part in the toilet, it was so funny.

• Great comment, Jaxen. I even went back and watched the cannon ball part after you mentioned it! On Friday we did another experiment. Emily and Marcus got their hands very dirty. Ask them what happened!
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

9. My favorite clip was number one because it showed me how to wash my hands properly to stay healthy. Also clip number 1 gives over the message best as I now realise that germs are everywhere, that is why it’s important to wash my hands properly especially after toilet, coughing and sneezing, touching animal and before eating. By staying healthy i can go to school to learn and play with my friends.

• Great comment Josh. You thought a lot about all of the clips. Thanks for reminding me that germs are everywhere. I like how you listed the most likely places.
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

10. I liked clip1 best because when Hand came and told the children everything about washing hands they became germ busters which was exciting. I also think clip1 gives over the best message because it gives a list of all the times we must wash our hands.
    Rianna

• Yes Rianna, I liked the idea of the children becoming the heroes in the story too. Do you have any ideas how we can help people in our class remember to wash hands at the right times?
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer

11. My favourite movie was the second one because I thought it was funny when the germs were sticking out of the person’s nose. I thought the first movie got the message over best because it showed me how to wash my hands properly.

12. I liked clip two because when the boy sneezed the germs looked funny. The first clip told you what to do when you wash your hands.

13. I liked Clip 2 because it taught me to always wash my hands before I eat as well as to keep the tables, phone, pets and computers clean. I think it got the message across the best because it was funny.

14. I think that clip 1 gets the message across the best because it shows you how the children get sick. My favorite clip was clip 2 cause I liked the funny scene when the germs pumped each other up.