Where In The World? No. 1.

Can you find out the location where this photo was taken? Leave your answer in your comment. Tell me the exact location – either the street address or longitude/latitude. Also, tell me how you found out – which words did you use in your Google Search? What information in the photo was most meaningful?
EXTRA: The statue was in the news last year. Can you find out why?

10 thoughts on “Where In The World? No. 1.

• Thanks for being our first interstate commenter, Jenny. I like how you included the URL or web address which helped your search for the answer. Stay tuned for more WITW.
      Cheers
      Ms Lockyer

1. Location: Hidden in the vegetation (Barrack Street side) of Stirling Gardens, Perth, Western Australia.

Google search: Gumnut Babies Statue

How I found it: On the plaque, it reads ‘gumnut babies’

Why it was in the news: The statues of Snugglepot and cuddlepie were stolen

• Congratulations on being the first person to respond, Mia. I hope you get to check out ‘Where In The World’ each week.
      Tip for a good WITW comment: include the URL or web address for any site which led you to the answer. There’s usually more than one of these.
      Cheers
      Ms Lockyer

2. Hidden in the vegetation (Barrack Street side) of Stirling Gardens, Perth, Western Australia.

I used the words Gumnut Babies statue in google search.

Also it was in the news last year because it got stolen.

• Thanks so much for your comment, Yan. It shows you’re someone who loves to solve a good learning mystery!
      Tip for a WITW comment: tell us the actual location of the place – either the exact street address, or the longitude/latitude.
      Cheers
      Ms Lockyer

3. They are Gumnut babies from the Perth Stirling Gardens.
    Exact location:Barrack St & St George’s Terrace
    When I searched for it I used the words Gumnut babies.What gave it away was when a zoomed in on the Gumnut baby plaque are saw the faint outline of the word Gumnut babies so I went to a new tab and wrote Gumnut babies.
    The reason it was in the news is that one of the babies was stolen on the March 25, 2015.

• Thanks for your comment David. I’m pleased to announce that you were the first Year 4 student to comment. I hope you keep following WITW.
      Tip for a successful comment: can you be more precise about the location? Barrack St and St Georges Tce are both very long streets.
      Cheers
      Ms Lockyer