Create a BOYS – BUT OR YET SO – sentence.
TOPICS: Netflix, emojis, boy bands, tomato sauce, nori rolls, sunflowers, basketball, pen licence.
Based on the Unicode rules, here are our rules for judging our emojis:
- Original work, not just created by an app such as Bitmoji, and not of a character protected by copyright
- New – not a direct copy of an existing emoji
- A distinctive image
- Multiple usages
- Principles of design are followed. Read here for a summary of the principles of graphic design.
Click on this link to find out the rules for submitting an emoji to Unicode.
Rudolph and his friend Prancer have the job of delivering all the Christmas presents. Can they do it?
Use this Scratch Game
Design your journey for the reindeers. They must make the journey without the alarm sounding. The journey must be at least 10 metres – the longer or more difficult the better.
MODELLED WORD: RECIPE
- A sentence with 8 words. I found the recipe very difficult to read.
- A sentence with the word at the beginning Recipe instructions are easier to follow if the ingredients and method are listed separately.
- A sentence containing a clause. As the clocked ticked on, he wished he had used his father’s recipe for the roast lamb.
- A question. What might happen if I put more milk in the mixture than recommended in the recipe?
TODAY’S WORD: COSMIC
Work with a partner. Leave a blog comment using today’s word in these different ways:
- A sentence with 8 words.
- A sentence with the word at the beginning
- A sentence containing a clause.
- A question.
We are learning to interpret and create video texts.
Remember, what counts in the writing process also counts in the movie-making process, especially these:
- Plan for success
- Show don’t tell
- Ban the boring bits
- Call to action
Check out these video ads. Use the recording sheet below.
Need more information on logo design? not sure about logo composition, colours, layout?
Click this link
CLEANING PRODUCT ADS
View these clips which promote a cleaning product. Leave a blog comment about anything you are wondering about, is bugging you, or that you noticed.
During the Creative Writing workshop at Year 6 OLP, we produced podcast episodes. Listen to these below to find out what REALLY happened at camp.
Leave a comment below to give feedback to the authors. Tell why you enjoyed their item, and tell them which words or phrases were most effective.
We are learning to describe criteria for a good digital game.
Empathy at the centre of design. watch this clip:
Skim through this site for ideas on what makes a good game.
Think about your process of designing the sunscreeen emoji. What makes a good emoji? Can you use these ideas for digital game design?
Leave a comment here on this blog about anything you would consider a good digital game should have.