63 thoughts on “Where In The World 2020 No. 4

1. Q1. This place is Lockyer Street. It is located in Goomalling WA.

Q2. I think the landscape was useful. If you took it 3 years ago, now on google maps it might look a bit different. When you took the photo you were on the other side of the sign/ on the path not the road.

Q3. It was named after Maude Sarah Lockyer (1877 – abt. 1956.) She was born on 4 of Feb 1877 Goomalling WA. She had 11 siblings. Her husband was Albert Edward Lockyer. These were Mrs Lockyers ancestors.

2. The location is Lockyer st Goomalling Perth. The landscape was one of my main keys. This location might be significant to the Lockyer family because it is named after them.

3. 1. We think that the name of the location of this photo On Goomalling, Western Australia At one of the ends of the road
    2. The detail we found was the shed because from the other angel there was a bush and we knew the shed was in the photo.
    3. It is significant to Ms. Locker because her last name is Locker and the sign has her last name on it.
    P.S. Ollie ( & his family) are related to Ms. Lockyer (Second Cousins) so it is significant to them as well

4. Q1.
    This image is located in
    Lockyer St
    Goomalling, WA

Q2
    I think the landscape was useful because It is in the bush but still in Australia so I checked where the most bush area is

Q3
    It was named after Maude Sarah Lockyer (1877 – abt. 1956.) She was born on 4 of Feb 1877 Goomalling WA. She had 11 siblings. Her husband was Albert Edward Lockyer. These were Mrs Lockyers ancestors.

5. 1. The area is at Lockyer Street, Goomalling, WA, Australia. The place is right in front of 2 Goomalling-Tooday road.
    2. The clue was that the sign says Lockyer St, so we thought it would be in Lockyer St. The house in the background was also a clue.
    3. This place must be significant to the people who’s ancestors were part of the Balardong group, which was the indigenous tribe of Goomalling.

• Good detective work. Yes, you are right about the traditional owners of the Goomalling area belonging to the Ballardong group. LEVEL UP TIP: Do you know anyone with that surname? You could always ask a real person in your research!

6. The name of the place is Lockyer street Goomaling one of the useful things in the photo was the house or shed and the Lockyer street sign. This place “quite obviously” has a special significance to Miss Lockyer as her name is the name of the street and it also has a kind of significance to me as its not everyday that you see a street named after a friend of yours or you.

7. I think this photo is taken in Lockyer Street, Goomalling, Western Australia

The most useful thing in this photo for me to find this place is the street name, but, there are 2 lockyer streets so the 2nd most useful this in this photo is the landscape/background scenery.

I think this place might be significant to Mrs Lockyer because this street name is the same as her last name.

8. 1. The location of this photo is Lockyer St Goomalling WA.
    2.The details in the photo that were useful are The sign , the white shed , the bushes and the red sand.
    3. We think the land is significant to the Noogar people because they live there and Ms Lockyer because she went to school there and she has her farm there.

• You nailed it! You have made me think that the place is significant to more than one group of people. I’m now wondering if the choice of name for the street is significant to all groups of people?

9. Bridget, Sarah and I found the place to be Lockyer Street. The clues we used where the sign in the photo, looked up Lockyer street in Google Maps and found one in western Australia and found the sign and compared to the photo.
    This place would be of significance to Oliver Parker in 5B and Mrs Lockyer. they are distant relatives and the place is probably of ancestral signifcance to them.

10. Yusif [Solo boy]

Q.1 Lokyer street is located in Goomalling, Western Australia.

Q.2: The dirt road, the sign, the house and the white post.

Q.3: Ms Lokyer, her mum, her dad and her ancestor’s

11. Goomalling-Toodyay Rd the sighn was useful and the shed 3 The shed look like a look like a house to me and the pole looked familer

12. 1. It’s at Goomalling, Western Australia.
    2. The white shed, and the trees and bushes.
    3. It’s agriculture.

13. Q1. the sign is in Goomalling-Tooday Road Goomalling, Western Australia, Australia.
    Q2. It looked like it must of been in a junction because you can’t just park in the mud and take photo.
    Q3. This place might be significant to Mrs Lockyer because Lockyer is the last name of Mrs Lockyer and the name of tyhe street is Lockyer St.

14. 1. We think the place is Karratha.
    2. We think Lockeyer STREET was the biggest part because there are multiple Lockeyer avenues and and Lockeyer drive.
    3. We think this place is significant to Mrs Lockeyer because it has her name in it.

• Thanks for your comment, team. Try another Google Maps search for Lockyer Street and find out the name of the place where this street is. Then use street view to identify natural and built features that match the photo.

• Thanks for your comment, Ananya. LEVEL UP TIPS:Find out the name of the place where this street is. To research the last question, ask a person you know with the same name.

15. We think this is lockyer street\road. The useful stuff in the photo were the hay and the gravel road. So we think it is down south in Goomaling. We think it is siginigficant to the lockyer brothers who fought in WW2 who are Albert,Edgar,Arnold,Eric and Elliot

16. 1. Can you work out the name of the location of this photo? It is Goomalling WA Australia.

2. Which details in the photo were useful? Was that there was a sign that said Lockyer St. Secondly was that there was a grey/white shed. Thirdly was that there were tree’s so of course it wouldn’t be next to a hospital.

3. Who might this place be of significance to? What makes you think that? It is significant to Mrs Lockyer because she wen’t to school there and she grew up there.

17. Q1.
    The name of the location in the picture is Lockyer Street in Goomalling WA.
    Q2.
    The details in the photo that were useful are the Lockyer Street sign, the bend in the road, the red pebbles/dirt and the bush land behind the sign.
    Q3.
    I think the place is significance to Miss Lockyer becasue the street sign reads Lockyer Street.

18. I think this photo was taken in Lockyer St,
    Goomalling, Western Australia.

The most useful detail that helped me find the location of where this photo was taken was the road sign that said Lockyer, but there were 2 Lockyer streets in WA so then the natural landscape in this photo helped me.

I think this place is significant to Mrs Lockyer because she grew up there and she also had a farm there.
    By doing a little bit of inference of what she has told me I think this street name was named by her ancestors.

19. This is in lockyer street. I know this because the post sign says lockyer. I once pointed out on google maps that there was a lockyer street.
    The post sign helped me get the idea and the memory. My memory helped too. this might be importnet to Miss lockyer because it has her last name wich might connect to her famaly in some ways.

20. Location: Goomalling, Western Australia

The Details Are: There is the side of the shed and that gave me a clue and I zoomed in and found it was Lockyer st. I went on google maps and look up Lockyer st WA. it came up as a place called Goomalling so I looked al all the places it could be and finally found the right place that looked exactly like the picture.

Significant to: I think this is significant to Ms Lockyer because she either could have spent some childhood there or it could have been just a significant place.

21. 1. Goomalling WA 6460 Lockyer street
    2. The signpost saying lockyer
    3. I think it is of significance to someone with the name lockyer, mainly because of the street name.

22. I think this is Lockyer street the picture has a street pole with the words “lockyer st” on it which signifies that this is lockyer street.

• Thanks for your comment, Corbyn. LEVEL UP TIPS: Read the questions carefully to discover what is required in your comment. Try another Google Maps search for Lockyer Street and find out the name of the place where this street is. Then use street view to identify natural and built features that match the photo.

23. It is at Goomalling in WA.
    The shed and the gravel and the curve of the road was helpful when i looked it up on google earth.
    This is significant to Ms Lockyer because it might be named after her.

24. Q1. I think the location of this photo is Lockyer St
    Goomalling WA 6460.

Q2. I think the clues that were useful was the sign post that said ‘Lockyer’ because it told us exactly what we should search and the white shed in the corner helped me a lot because I could check if I was right because of the shed in the corner.

Q3. I think the people that the street might be significant to might be people who drive through the street and the people whose last name’s are Lockyer. The reason I think this is because the people who drive through the street might be grateful for it because the might use it to pick up their kids, get the groceries or even go to school. The people whose last name’s are Lockyer they might like their last name’s named after a street.

-Connor Gee from 5C

25. 1. It is located in Lockyer Street
    2. The pole with the name on it was useful
    3. Miss Lockyer because it is her sur name

• Thanks for your comment, Riva. LEVEL UP TIPS: Try another Google Maps search for Lockyer Street and find out the name of the place where this street is. Then use street view to identify natural and built features that match the photo.

26. Q1. It is in Goomalling WA and the post code is 6460. It is close the local school,local hospital, shire and caravan park. It is surrounded by dry bush and shrub. It is close to Beecroft rd.

Q2. The post with the sign was very help full because on google maps you could find the post. The shed was also help full so i could look for that as well.

Q3. The place is significant because it is named like ms Lockyers name so that is why i think it is significant.

27. 1. This is located on Lockyer road which is in Clackline and next to great eastern road.
    2.The details in the photo that was useful was the sign that said Lockyer road.
    3. I think this place would be significant to Mrs lockyer because the street has the same name is her surname.

• Thanks for your comment, Olivia. No, it is not in Clackline. LEVEL UP TIPS: Try another Google Maps search for Lockyer Street. Then use street view to identify natural and built features that match the photo.

28. Q1: this place is located in Goomalling Western Australia.
    Q2: the sign saying Lockyer st and the red dirt help me for what to search for.
    Q3: I think this would be significant to Mrs. Lockyer’s family because it was named after them.

29. 1.
    Location- Lockyer is a north-western suburb of Albany and is 4 km from Albany. It’s located in Western Australia and was officially named in 1954. The local government area is the City of Albany.

2. The most helpful detail was the pole on the side of the street with a sign on it pointing left saying “Lockyer”.

3. I think that the suburb of Lockyer is important you, Ms. Lockyer. I think this because your surname is Lockyer.

• Thanks for your comment, Chloe. No, it is not in Albany. LEVEL UP TIPS: Try another Google Maps search for Lockyer Street. Then use street view to identify natural and built features that match the photo.

30. 1. Yes Lockyer Street is in Goomalling 6460 Wa.

2. I worked it out by the road sign, then to confirm top of the bushes, the white pole in the back and the tiny bit of a curve.

3. It may have significance to you the Lockyer family. This is because you share the same name as the street