LEARNING INTENTION: We are learning to create an effective safety message.
What can we make our message about? Here are some ideas from DFES:
- Being alert and aware of unsafe situations
- Responding to friends when they are being unsafe with lighters/matches
- Seeking help
- Staying calm
- Responding to fire (Home Fire Escape Plan e.g. smoke alarm, crawling low under smoke, meeting at the letter box; Triple Zero) Indicating on a local map the location of safe places
Use the Pages app on your iPad to create an infographic about one of these. Steps:
- Open Pages App
- New document
- Google search for an image to fit your topic. Save, insert.
- Create a slogan – a catchy sentence for your message. Insert text box for this.
- Looking good? Try some editing tools to make it look fantastic.