12 thoughts on “Where In The World? No. 3

1. I think it is Lockyer Street, Goomalling, Western Australia, Australia. There is also Lockyer Street in Mount Magnet and Wittenoon, but the vegetation is more like what you would probably see in Goomaling rather than towns in our North West.

I used Google Maps and searched for it within Australia. There are Lockyer Streets in other locations in Australia but I assumed that it was more likely the photo was taken in Western Australia.

To be more sure we would need a larger resolution photo that allowed us to look at the number plate on the 4WD. That would help us pinpoint the country and the possible State.

I searched using Google Maps. First choices are selected based on your current location which could be an issue for those searching Google Maps outside of Western Australia or Australia.

I also switched to street view to see if I could spot the building.

Sue

2. I believe this is Lockyer St, Goomalling WA, at the intersection with Toodyay Road.

Google Maps search for Lockyer St, and confirmed via Google Street View. See https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Toodyay+Rd,+Goomalling+WA+6460/@-31.3036029,116.8263472,3a,75y,227.25h,80.47t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sgndgv2c7A0lpjbPyeskTFg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dgndgv2c7A0lpjbPyeskTFg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D55.17836%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x2bccb8f29ea97769:0x489e76788a3b5057?hl=en

For any of Ms Lockyer’s students reading this, ask her about the importance of Goomalling to her family 🙂

• Spot on Michael. What clues did you notice in the photo?
      My Year 5 friends found out more about Lockyer history today in my ‘History Mystery’ talk for their class. I started my talk by asking “Who would have a street named after them?”

3. Dear Ms Lockyer,
    We went to Google Maps and we found a Lockyer Street in Goomalling and one in Boot Hill in Queensland. We are divided on which is the right one. They both look like rural areas (although Keith says he thinks the towns are a bit rural and a bit suburban). Archie and Arya say both places look very similar.
    From the Year 2 Boy Tribe

• Hello Year 2 Boy Tribe
      My Year 3 classes were very happy to see that you are joining in our ‘Where In The World’ mystery. Here is one very helpful clue: it is in Western Australia.
      cheers
      Ms Lockyer