Where In The World – 2020 No. 2

Q1. Where is this located? Tell us the name of the special area it is in.

Q2. Tell us the suburb, local government area, state and country it is in.

Q3. Who builds these boxes?

BIG HINT: Did you spot a box up in the tree with the words ‘gobatty.com.au’ written on it?

LEVEL UP TIP: Use full sentences. Capital letters and punctuation will get you far!

56 thoughts on “Where In The World – 2020 No. 2

1. Q1. Where is it located? Tell us the name of the special area it is in…
    … Cockburn Wetlands Centre to become bat central in Western Australia!
    Q2. Tell us the suburb, local government area, state and country it is in…

2. 1. I think it is at Canning River

2. I think it is at Canning River Regional Park.

3. I think that the park rangers build them

3. The picture is in the city of Cockburn in Perth WA Australia. They build them for bats to have a sustainable home for them to stay in. It is always occupied within 17 days so the bats have somewhere to go after the day. Hopefully the bats have a long and sustainable life thanks to these boxes. Thank you city of Cockburn for being so thoughtful for these bats.

4. We think that this image is in Bibra Lake (Walubup= 6164.) The local government is the government of; the city of Cockburn, it is in W.A. and because W.A. is in Australia it is in W.A. We think that some children help make the bat boxes because on the website gobatty.com there are a lot of bat box courses. I think that there are also some made by children. We also think that by making bat boxes they are helping the environment and it is becoming easier for bats to survive.

5. I think the bat boxes are located in Bibra Lake (Walubup.) The local gov area is The City Of Cockburn 6164 Perth WA. Perth is in W.A and W.A is in Australia. I think children helped to make the the bat boxes because there are pictures of bats. Bat boxes help because they give bats food and give them a home.

• Wow, I love this answer! I really like how you included the indigenous name, and the postcode! You are correct that children made the boxes, but can you tell me who taught them?

6. 10 feet above ground, and 12 to 20 feet is better. Choose a sunny location on the East or South facing side of your house. Bat houses work best with at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight (if only partial day sun is available- morning sun is preferable).

I think the tree is at Bibra Lake play ground in the city of Cobern In Australia

• Thanks for your comment, Tyson. LEVEL UP TIPS: Read the question carefully to think about what to write in your answer – you left out the state. Also, please never copy whole sentences from online. Try to read-understand-write in your own words.

• Thanks for your comment, Anton. LEVEL UP TIPS: Tell me if Cockburn is the suburb or the local government area. Can you give me more information about the government of bats?

7. This is in Piney Lakes which is special to the aboriginal women. Winthrop, City Of Melville, WA, Australia. These boxes are made by the volunteers at Gobatty. Piney Lakes is very close to my house and also very special to me.

8. I think it is pinny lakes because there are gobatty boxes there.it is in winthwap city of melvel wa astrala mad by gobatty

9. Hi Ms Lockyer, I think the place is Neil McDougal Park in Como, South Perth. It is in South Perth, WA, Australia. The company Go Batty is building bat boxes in local wetlands.

10. The bat boxes are in Cockburn Wetlands Centre. It is in 184 Hopes Road, Bibra Lake, City of Cockburn, WA, Australia. The postcode is 6163. Go-batty makes these boxes for bats. The longitude and latitude are around 32°05’10.1″S 115°49’49.7″E.

11. I think the place is in the Wetlands Centre Cockburn. 184 Hope Road. Western Australia. It’s in Bibra Lake.

• Thanks for your comment, Riley. LEVEL UP TIPS: read the questions carefully to work out what information is needed, and where it might be found. Think carefully about the suburb. Also, can you add more information about GoBatty? YOu can always do that in another comment.

12. The place is in The Wetlands Centre Cockburn. This place is in Bibra lake.
    32.0863° S, 115.8307° E are the gps coordinates
    It is located in the city of Cockburn.
    It’s government is the city of Cockburn.
    It is in the state or WA and the country of Australia.
    The person who built the boxes was Joe Tonga and the Wetlands Centre in Cockburn.

• Wow, I love this answer. YOu have described the location very well. LEVEL UP TIPS: read the questions carefully to work out what other information is needed, specifically, about GoBatty. You can always add another comment to finish this.

13. This is located in Canning river,
    This is in Canning river WA Perth Australia
    Canning River Reginal park
    The government and community built this

14. This is located in canning river,
    This is on canning river WA Perth Australia
    Canning river Reginal park
    The government and community built this.

15. Special place: Cockburn Wetlands Centre
    Suburb: Bibra Lake
    Local Government Area: City of Cockburn
    State: Western Australia
    Country: Australia
    Who built the boxes: Joe Tonga and volunteers who participated in his workshops at the Cockburn Wetlands Centre

• Amazing work, team! I enjoyed working with you. I was very impressed with the new skills you learnt: ctrl F to search a word in a website; look for capital letters as you skim the page for the names of places; copy and paste important names; making connections with information on a website and on YouTube.

16. Q1: The special area where this is located is Bibra Lake.
    Q2: The country is in Perth, the state is Westren Australia and the local government area is The City of Cockburn. It is in the suburb of Bibra Lake.
    Q3: The people who build these boxes are gobatty people

• I’m impressed with the details in your answer, Sam. LEVEL UP TIPS: Is there another name for this special area? Who are the gobatty people – any more information?

17. This is located at Cockburn Wetlands Centre, Western Australia. It is at Cockburn. GoBatty builds these sustainable houses for bats. We did spot the box with GoBatty on it. I did this with Clarissa too.

• Nice work, Clarissa and Leticia. You have got most of the answers correct. LEVEL UP TIPS: Is Cockburn the name of the suburb or the local government area? Who or what is GoBatty? Is it a person, a factory or a group of people?

18. This is located at Cockburn Wetlands Centre, Western Australia. It is at Cockburn. GoBatty builds these sustainable houses for bats. We did spot the box with GoBatty on it. I did this with Leticia.

19. Q1- We think this photo is in the Beeliar Regional Park because they work with Joe Tonga and they mentioned him on the Cockburn Wetlands Centre website, along with talking about all of the bat boxes they have installed there. They said it was a bat haven.

Q2- Since we are in lock down, you can’t travel out of Western Australia. Ms Lockyer always takes the photos- this tells us that the photo is in Western Australia, Australia because Ms Lockyer lives in WA. Also we recognised the types of trees and the colours. We are also seeing lots of mention of Bibra Lake and the City of Cockburn. We think this photo was taken in Bibra Lake, Cockburn City, WA, Australia.

Q3-
    Joe Tonga was the first person to make Sustainable Bat homes over 10 years ago. He now runs workshops for kids to learn how to make a bat home, so really anyone can make bat homes.

• I really love this answer. Written in clear sentences, it’s so easy to read, and then understand your thinking. Best of all, I appreciate your thinking, linking the creator of the image – ME! – and where I might have been recently.